How We Use Your Personal Information
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use personal information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our websites or stores.
- To fulfill your requests, such as to provide you with products and services or to process returns.
- To communicate with you about your orders, subscriptions, and reservations, as well as our products, services, sales, offers, and promotions.
- To conduct research and analytics, including improving our services and product offerings.
- To send marketing and advertising communications.
- To detect security incidents, and to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including attempts to manipulate or violate our policies, procedures, and terms and conditions.
- To comply with legal obligations, to establish or exercise our rights, and to defend against a legal claim.
- To provide and maintain the functionality of our website, including identifying and repairing errors or problems.
- To support core business functions, including to maintain records related to business process management, loss and fraud prevention, and to collect amounts owing to us.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your personal information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. For example, if you complete an online purchase, we collect your information to perform our contract with you, but we also collect your information so that we can quickly and easily respond to any questions about your order after your transaction is complete.
How We Share Your Personal Information
- We may share personal information with our corporate affiliates, including our parent company, sister companies and subsidiaries including Hack The Curry 5.
- We share certain personal information with third parties that perform services to support our core business functions and internal operations (e.g., fulfilling orders, delivering packages, complying with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary, sending postal mail and e-mails, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, administering our Ratings & Reviews, supporting beacons, processing credit card and debit card payments, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys, and providing customer service).
- Some of our websites provide the opportunity to post content in a public forum. For example, Hack The Curry 5’s online social Community allows you to participate in Hack The Curry 5, to provide Ratings & Reviews, and to receive product recommendations. If you decide to submit information in these public forums, that information will be publically available.
- We may disclose personal information in response to subpoenas, warrants, court orders, government inquiries or investigations, or to comply with relevant laws and regulations. We may also disclose information to establish, exercise, or protect the rights of our company, employees, agents, and affiliates; to defend against a legal claim; to protect the safety and security of our visitors; to detect and protect against fraud; and to take action regarding possible illegal activities or violations of our policies.
- We may share personal information with another company that buys some, or all, of the assets or stock of Hack The Curry 5, and that company may use and disclose personal information for purposes similar to what is described in this policy. Hack The Curry 5 may also share personal information with prospective purchasers to evaluate the proposed transaction.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We realize that individuals trust us to protect their personal information. We maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards designed to help protect your personal information. While we attempt to protect your personal information in our possession, no method of transmission over the internet, or security system is perfect, and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances.
For your convenience, our websites and Hack The Curry 5 Mobile Apps include functionality that allows you to remain logged in so that you do not have to re-enter your password each time you want to access your account. If you choose to remain logged in, you should be aware that anyone with access to your device will be able to access and make changes to your account and may be able to make purchases through your account. For that reason, if you choose to remain logged in, we strongly recommend that you take appropriate steps (such as enabling the “Passcode Lock” security feature on your mobile device) to protect against unauthorized access to and use of your account. Please also notify us as soon as possible if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or password.
INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
- California law indicates that organizations should disclose whether certain categories of personal information are collected, “sold,” or disclosed for an organization’s “business purpose” (as those terms are defined under California law). You can find a list of the categories of personal information that we collect and share here. Please note that because this list is comprehensive it may refer to types of information that we collect and share about people other than yourself. In addition, if you would like more information concerning the categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for their direct marketing purposes, please submit a written request to us using the information in the “Communicating With Us” section above.
You may designate an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf to access or delete your personal information. To do so, you must: (1) provide that authorized agent written and signed permission to submit such request; and (2) verify your own identity directly with us. Please note, we may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
If you have been designated as an authorized agent to submit a request on behalf of another Hack The Curry 5 client, you must (1) download and complete this and have it signed by the Hack The Curry 5 client, and (2) attach the signed form when you submit a .
- We offer our customers a loyalty program that provides certain perks, such as rewards and exclusive offers. We may also provide other programs, such as sweepstakes, contest, or other similar promotional campaigns (collectively, the “Programs”). When you sign up for one of these Programs, we typically ask you to provide your name and contact information (such as email address and/or telephone number). Because our Programs involve the collection of personal information, they might be interpreted as a “financial incentive” program under California law. The value of your personal information to us is related to the value of the free or discounted products or services, or other benefits that you obtain or that are provided as part of the applicable Program. This value is based on the expense related to offering those products, services, and benefits to Program participants.You may withdraw from participating in a Program at any time by contacting us using the designated method set forth in the applicable Program rules. Visit the terms and conditions page of each Program to view full details, including how to join.